This event is designed to work much like a rallycross in the field. It's cooperative, and it's expected that racers will be contributing as volunteers on the course.
- Either you bring a designated volunteer, or you are a volunteer. You (or your designated) volunteer at some point during the day or you're DNF.
- No transits. All service, registration, and tech is at the start of the stage.
- No route books, no stage notes, no rally guide, no service pack, no nothin' when you register. You get a wristband and that's it.
- No log book issuing. Cars must be pre-approved to attend by the regional Chief of Scrutineering and tech is basic safety items only (like belts, helmets, suits, head and neck restraints, and extinguishers).
- No licenses or memberships issued, this must be taken care of before the event.
- No novice school will be offered, this must be taken care of before the event.
This is the first day of fun. On Saturday, rally drivers will get to play around on the VIR Rally Course while giving HyperFEST fans the rides of their lives.
This is the second day of fun. On Sunday, rally drivers will get the unique opportunity to drive on the VIR 3.27-Mile Full Course and the 1.1-Mile Patriot Course.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ARE THERE ANY DRIVER REQUIREMENTS?
In addition to having a NASA membership and license, participants must be at least 18 years old (16 with parental consent) and possess a valid driver's license.
CAN I CAMP OUT FOR THIS EVENT?
Yes, this is HyperFEST. One of the best things about HyperFEST is being able to camp out and hang with old and new friends, as well as enjoy everything this event has to offer. If you'd prefer to not camp out, there is a hotel located at the track and many other hotels available in neighboring towns such as Danville, VA, South Boston, VA, Roxboro, NC, and Milton, NC.
WHAT FUEL OCTANES DOES VIR HAVE AVAILABLE AT THE TRACK?
For a list of available options, please visit VIR's Fuel Information Page for current information on fuel grades offered.
CAN I BRING MY GOLF CART, PIT BIKE, ATV, ETC?
All unlicensed pit, paddock and other off-road vehicles (i.e., golf cart, pit bike, ATV, etc.) used at VIR must be registered with VIR and have a current off-road vehicle pass displayed on the vehicle at all times. You can purchase your Off-Road Vehicle Pass online here.
CAN I RENT A GOLF CART?
Yes, VIR offers golf carts for rent to both participants and spectators. You can learn more about their golf cart rental options by visiting Golf Cart Rentals.
IS THERE A MAP OF VIR AVAILABLE?
Yes, you may find it here.
While we prefer warm and sunny days, it doesn't always happen to work out that way. Since the event is in May, showers have been known to make a brief appearance. Because HyperFEST is an outdoor event, we run rain or shine, but that doesn't mean you still can't have fun.